A trip to Lagos, in Southern Portugal, offers you the opportunity to explore incredible beaches and breathtaking grottos. Plan on spending the spending the day soaking up the sunshine, whether you choose to relax on the beach, take a boat tour, or simply wander around the cultural center of the town. Here are 5 things to do in Lagos Portugal:
1) Take in the stunning views from Ponta da Piedade Lighthouse. It’s situated on spectacular cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, making it an ideal spot to watch the sun go down over the water.
2) Go on a dolphin and whale watching cruise. There are several companies that offer fun, relaxing boat cruises where you can see these incredible creatures in their natural habitat.
3) Go kayaking through the grottos. A guided kayaking tour will give you greater insight into the history of Lagos, as well as allow you to get out on the water for an adventurous and memorable excursion through the area’s many charming grottos.
4) Relax on Camilo Beach is definately one of the things to do in Lagos Portugal. It’s an ideal sandy spot to take a nap after exploring the natural rock formations found on this secluded beach.
5) Visit the Church of St. Anthony. Built in 1707, this beautiful church also includes a small museum filled with interesting artifacts. It is definitely a must-see sight in the town of Lagos.
Also visit our post: 72 Hour Lagos Holiday
This blog uses affiliate links at no extra cost to you. We also accept sponsored posts but only if we feel the brand is a perfect fit with who we are or what we are posting. All opinions belong solely to the blog unless otherwise mentioned and never influenced by a third party ’cause that's how we fly.
Using the latest travel apps, technology and gear, I take a city; see the sights, taste the food, smell the roses, hear the stories and feel the love. All in 48 hours. Then, using videography & editing, photography and writing I retell and share those stories with my readers and viewers. I'm Christopher Rudder and welcome to Rudderless.