A trip to Lagos, in Southern Portugal, offers you the opportunity to explore incredible beaches and breathtaking grottos. Plan on spending the day soaking up the sunshine, whether you choose to relax on the beach, take a boat tour, or simply wander around the cultural center of the town. Here are 5 things to do in Lagos Portugal:
1) Take in the stunning views from Ponta da Piedade Lighthouse. It’s situated on spectacular cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, making it an ideal spot to watch the sun go down over the water.
2) Go on a dolphin and whale watching cruise. There are several companies that offer fun, relaxing boat cruises where you can see these incredible creatures in their natural habitat.
3) Go kayaking through the grottos. A guided kayaking tour will give you greater insight into the history of Lagos, as well as allow you to get out on the water for an adventurous and memorable excursion through the area’s many charming grottos.
4) Relax on Camilo Beach is definately one of the things to do in Lagos Portugal. It’s an ideal sandy spot to take a nap after exploring the natural rock formations found on this secluded beach.
5) Visit the Church of St. Anthony. Built in 1707, this beautiful church also includes a small museum filled with interesting artifacts. It is definitely a must-see sight in the town of Lagos.
Also visit our post: 72 Hour Lagos Holiday
Using the latest travel apps, technology, and gear, I take a city; see the sights, taste the food, smell the roses, hear the stories and feel the love. All in 48 hours. Then, using videography & editing, photography and writing I retell and share those stories with my readers and viewers.
I'm Christopher Rudder and welcome to Rudderless Travel.
Read more about me here: Being Rudderless With Christopher Rudder
here Rudderless Travel gets nominated for the Leibster Award
oh and here: A Consultant for Special Needs Students, AND a Travel Blogger!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product, I may earn a commission. This commission comes at no extra cost to you. Please remember that I never recommend a product just for the commission — I only recommend something I genuinely believe in, trust and/or use personally. The small income I make here will help in maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!